AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 displays in JD 50 series combines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 8/26/2006 13:13 (#38885 - in reply to #38807)
Subject: Re: GS2 displays in JD 50 series combines

NE SD
I'm going to go ahead and assume that the GS2 is the same as the original GS. If I remember correctly and I'd have to look back in my notes to be sure, but the Ag Leader uses a linear flow model to measure bushels right? You calibrate multiple loads into the monitor and different flow levels I would assume. With the Greenstar yield monitors, there is only one calibration number. As long as the test weight remains close, they seem to be fairly accurate. I feel this may be a problem this year. We usually cut one round in wheat and soybeans or one pass in corn through the field and do our calibration. Stop, dump on the grain cart, and enter the weight. Write down the calibration number. I like to do it three times and average between the two, but sometimes after doing it twice it is within 50lbs so I just split the difference and call it good.

As far as your accurate data, I don't think that it's really necessary to have them dead on the nuts either. It's all relative............even if the yield monitor is off, you can look at the map and say, this area beat this area by xx percent no matter what. That's my honest opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)