AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 displays in JD 50 series combines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 8/26/2006 02:23 (#38790 - in reply to #38662)
Subject: Re: GS2 displays in JD 50 series combines

NE SD
Looks to me like they want $2700. I would guess that doesn't include any cost of installation and no doubt there will be some stupid software so that they will want to do the installation. We've been running yield liars (as Brian likes to call them) since '99 on 5 different machines. ALL have had the elevator mounted moisture sensor. They have all been very accurate as far as the moisture goes. All worked well up until about two years ago when we started using the GPS on the STS for yield mapping. All of a sudden when the software updated it turned into a piece of junk that only updates moisture about every 30 seconds. Ex- local salesman said that the older software was better. Don Larkin who frequents these boards claims he has had nothing but trouble with the in tank sensor. Local AMS person says his problems are most likely due to a bad plunger seal.

Down and dirty........no you don't need the sensor at all.....unless you are insistant on running integrated steering. When you stack the $2700 on top of the $3500 I would assume they get for putting in autosteer it is a lot of money. Sounds like there will be a LOT of used Universal autotrack setups available over the next few years. Several guys bought them mainly for their combines but will be trading so have no use for them any more. We're in the same boat with one machine. I can tell you I'm not going to miss it.

Rambling now......too much time in the local "establishment"......goodnight.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)