AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 displays in JD 50 series combines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Posted 8/26/2006 07:22 (#38807 - in reply to #38790)
Subject: Re: GS2 displays in JD 50 series combines

USA
Thanks, thats what I was wanting to know. Wasn't sure if local dealer was telling truth or not. I just traded for the 9650 and have only used ag-leader for yield monitors in the past. It comes with the original greenstar and I have a gs2 I used for planting. So for saving money I was hoping to use the gs2 in combine.

They actually tell me combine is more than tractor for integrated. $5200 actually, for a total of over $8000 with labor since I would then also need the new sensor and wires and an update to combine software. I can use original sensor with an update to combine on the gs2 and buy a universal steer kit for $3200. I would then use the universal on the Nitro sprayer next year. I wish I could get integrated on the Nitro, but have tried all year with no success.

I have two red combines running ag leaders that I am really impressed with accuracy, but on the 9610 I just traded, the ag leader was OK, but needed recalibrated on a daily basis. So all things considered I was wanting to try Deere a shot.

How many calibration loads can you use on the gs2? I have a grain cart with scales and thought if I calibrated every day maybe I can get by for this year. I have some split planter trials I set up with the gs2 this spring and really want to get some accurate data from them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)