AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Other choice other than APEX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SaptonAcres
Posted 7/31/2008 12:45 (#425630)
Subject: Other choice other than APEX

Hazelridge, Mb
Seriously considering changing desktop software. Too many things in APEX that I do not like. Be using GS since 1996 and really feel Apex is a step back compared to older programs. Don't like that multiple treatments in one field show up as multiple maps, make it hard to compare data once taken to yield. would like to. Since we farm in Canada, we use a combination of metric and US measurement especially for product application, ie L/ac, MT/ac. Have asked GS support to make this happen for 10 years and still no avail.

Been looking at Mapshots, as it seems to have a lot of functionality in the basic package. How happy/easy was the transition in usability, functionality, data importation (setup, archive and mapped data). I tried the demo version, but I asked for it during harvest and never really got down to using it before the trial ran out (my fault). The program seemed easy to operate, but with it being new to me had some trouble setting it up properly. Seems like many user that post on here are very happy with it.

Would like to hear from GS2 users and your thoughts on the program. The price seems very reasonable compared to the APEX price and all the add-ons you get with the basic program.

Andrew in MB
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)