AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Other choice other than APEX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 8/1/2008 08:27 (#426211 - in reply to #426183)
Subject: Re: Other choice other than APEX

Grand Rapids, MI
True that if you only want field recordkeeping and the GIS module, Farmworks is a little cheaper. $650 according to thier website, EasiSuite Farm Edition is $1000 Annual updates are $300 for Farmworks (with support $150 without) and $250 for EasiSuite. I would personally agree both are a lot for what you pay. As far as the pricing being so different that they cannot be compared, I would disagree. Really taking the time to purchase, learn, and implement is going to be a $2,000 to $5,000 (or more) venture, I don't see a $350 in original purchase price as that terribly material. Pick the one that better fits your needs.

As for Farmworks and Deere, they use the same FODM/FODD system that Mapshots uses in EasiSuite, so I don't think you will see major differences there. As far as getting Deere to cooperate, I know that issue well. Was right in the middle of it for some time. I am told now that Deere is doing MUCH better in this regard. So I am cautiously optimistic that this may be much less of an issue going forward.

I would be curious your reason for using two programs, what do you find as the strengths and weaknesses that require you to purchase, learn, maintain, etc. two programs?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)