AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

injection pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmer brown
Posted 8/14/2006 23:52 (#35868)
Subject: injection pump

I have a 9282 New Holland tractor with a 8.3 cummins engine in it. Today I had the return diesel line spring a hole. The leak was right on the side of the injection pump next to the engine block. I noticed a piece of metal that the line was rubbing on. It is a brace on the side of the injection pump that bolts to the top of the motor for support. This brace bolts into the injection pump. The brace and bolt are steel and the injection pump housing is aluminum. The brace has been broke for a long time as it has smoothed off the metal. The problem is that the bolt that fastens the bracket to the aluminum pump housing has come loose and ruined the threads to put a new bolt in. The pump has 2 bolts that hold it on and also a brace under the pump that goes to the block for support. I think the side mount brace has been broken for a long time----maybe a couple of years. Should I get this fixed right away--this winter--- or just run it like it is? I probably would have to get a new pump housing to fix the problem. Any one else ever have this problem?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)