AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wild Blue or an alternative ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/5/2008 11:29 (#410079 - in reply to #410051)
Subject: RE: You might try this search tool...

West Union, Illinois

Yes, it is C1. I was among the first 2-3 customers they had here. I am almost exactly 1/2 a mile from the water tower their antennas are on. Signal has never been a problem, even on rainy summer days with my antenna looking through a tree.  They have been having issues they were working on. 

You asked about the 28th. I always call immediately, during business hours or not.  After hours I leave a voice mail and follow it up early the next day.

They seem to have one group that does "system" work, and one group that deals with customers.  If Andrew finds a problem that is system related he can only call the system guys, who must be installing a new tower or something because  they are always in Bismark when something needs fixed.  When the system guys change something in the system Andrew then has to come to my house and make a change on my end.

I have told them repeatedly for a communication company they stink at communications.  The tech we dealt with before Andrew would not call you if the house was on fire.  I think Andrew calls once he gets the trouble ticket, but it seems to take way too long for him to get the ticket.

I learned a long time ago when I was doing service that most people are willing to wait as long as they know they are not being ignored.  When you get a work order immediately call the customer.  Tell him you have 3 places in front of him and all of them have dogs that don't like you.  Just talk to the customer.

The link you gave gives false hope.  DSL is not an option here.  We are doing good to have lines that are not too noisy for a fax!  I found some phone cables exposed by recent flood waters, so I saw the local Verizon service guy and stopped him to talk about it.  I asked if DSL was a possibility in the future.  He was sure glad I asked because he needed a good laugh.

I have MediaCom's fiber optic running under my front yard, but they have chosen not to offer service between Hutsonville and Martinsville. Of topic, they came through and put in this cable without actually getting permission.  I guess it has to do with Illinois Utility Right Of Way laws.  Once a utilty ROW is established anyone can use it.  Anyway, the contractor and MediaCom failed to register it with JULIE.  CIPS was replacing old poles and the first one went square through the cable.  My wife called "There's a bunch of trucks with flashing lights west of the house!"  9 trucks plus a few other vehicles, guys in suits looking at papers, CIPS going "We have a dig number!"  Shut down everything they had in Crawford County.

My only other hope beside satellite is the company Kurt linked to.  I have an email in to them asking for info.  However I am probably fringe on their system.

Oh, and the page you linked mentioned Joink.  Blah! Yick!  Very bad taste in the mouth.  They came to WU a few years ago wanting to put in a system.  Made big promises, did not follow through on a single one of them.  I think they have changed owners since then.

Edited by Mike SE IL 7/5/2008 11:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)