AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wild Blue or an alternative ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/3/2008 07:42 (#408924)
Subject: Wild Blue or an alternative ?

West Union, Illinois

I thought I posted this a couple days ago, but apparently I was tired enough I deleted instead of posted.  It's been a long Spring.

Anyway, I have been using a high speed wireless internet service provided by my local cell phone company (Not a cell modem, a totally different system.  They are just the ISP).  I have become disillusioned with their service.  It has had problems for a while.  Problems enough the local library, which they provide service for at no charge, is considering buying a satellite system.

June 19th they upgraded some equipment.  However, they forgot that I would need a small change in my setup.  That was mid-day on a Thursday.  I discovered it when I got home Thursday evening.  I left a voice message then, and followed up the next day talking to a real live person.  It was Monday the 23rd before anyone showed up to fix my small programming change, and it was done wrong.  Tuesday the 24th they finally got me at full speed. That lasted until the 28th.

At 4 AM the 28th (yes, I was up checking email before going out the door) my service went down again.  I was down until Tuesday July 1.

My choices here are dial-up, my current service, or satellite.  A local TV satellite agent is handling Wild Blue.  Does anyone have Wild Blue or another alternative?  Anything I should watch out for?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)