AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Satellite TV Woes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/13/2008 08:33 (#414544 - in reply to #410236)
Subject: RE: Futher Update...Ted-bracket?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ron - thanks for the tip

My latest development as of July 12 was to move the Dish location. The installer was very certain that I had no tree interference but I moved it anyway as I was desperate.

I planned on mounting a steel pipe in concrete but when I looked around I couldn't find any pipe around home long enough. I went over to my neighbors (the guy with the shotgun approach) and noticed that they had used a wooden post.

I temporarily drilled in a wooded post as the installer was coming the next day. He moved the DISH to this new location and he activiated the new replacement receiver.

I don't think that the problem was the receiver but anyway the signal strength levels increased considerably on Sat 129. I am now (at least yesterday and today) able to get the HD channels that I have paid for.

The REMOTE still did not operate reliabily with the newest receiver and the installer swapped remotes with me. The new REMOTE works much faster but is not always 100% reliable. At times it seems to have no effect on the receiver. Pushing one of the buttons on the receiver itself then rights things and the REMOTE works properly after that.

The audio static that I mentioned is still present. I tried a different HDMI cable with no change. With my original HD receiver (DVI connector) there was no static. The HDMI connector on the set has not been used before so it may be a problem there. I have considered a "hard" ground connection between the receiver and the TV but haven't done that yet.

The other audio outputs from the receiver and the audio ouputs from the TV to another amplifier seem fine. It appears that when the receiver switches birds that this static is generated which is picked up by the TV audio amplifier. I may have to "live" with this problem.

Edited by tedbear 7/14/2008 07:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)