AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Boom Spra Coupe Reverse Polarity Kit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dlver
Posted 7/2/2008 00:19 (#408277 - in reply to #408053)
Subject: Re: EZ-Boom Spra Coupe Reverse Polarity Kit

Boyden, Iowa Sioux County
My 3430 Coupe does not have a master switch and the Raven controller does not either. The way I operated before the EZ-Boom install was to turn the boom switches on the console (near the hand throttle) to the on position and shut the pump on or off for the master.

This Coupe has 5 boom switches on the console of which I was only using 3 - 20ft. sections for the 60 ft. boom. The Raven controller is either a 450 or 460 which uses external boom section switches such as are in most Coupes.

My fuse blew also when I first hooked it up. Trimble's harness sends 12volts out of the EZ-Boom on pin 14 of the AMP connector. When I traced the pin 14 wire in the Raven wiring in the Coupe it went to one of my unused boom switches (either 4 or 5) this particular wire went to ground depending on which way the switch was thrown. The solution for me was to remove the wire from the switch and tape it up as there was 12 volts being sent down it by the EZ-Boom, if you have a pin extractor you could remove pin 14 from the Raven/Coupe side of the AMP connection.

As far as the master switch goes I put a jumper in between the two single connector weatherpak connections of the Trimble harness and use the EZ-Boom's master switch when needed. I completely removed the Raven and use the EZ-Guide 500 for rate control also.

If I remember correctly I also swapped the wires in the 3pin weather pak connector. I would have to go look at it again to be sure. On the Coupe side of the connector there are three wires, hot all the time, switched, and ground. On the Trimble side there are only two wires, hot and ground. The way it was originally wired the hot all the time wire was supplying power to the EZ-Boom, I swapped the wires so the EZ-Boom only is powered with the ignition switch of the Coupe turned on.

After these changes it all worked, the auto shut off/on and manually using the switches on the EZ-Boom 2010.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)