AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Boom Spra Coupe Reverse Polarity Kit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rmeckm2
Posted 6/30/2008 13:27 (#407356)
Subject: EZ-Boom Spra Coupe Reverse Polarity Kit

Kentucky
I recently installed an EZ-Boom reverse polarity kit on a spray coupe 4640 with 3 boom sections. After I finished the installation the kit was not functioning correctly. The boom sections were either full on or full off when I used the master switch on the sprayer. The EZ-Boom toggle switches did not shut on/off the boom individual sections. Also the console fuse on the sprayer in the fuse panel kept on blowing. I thought that I had a bad installation but I have verified all the connections are correct. I then removed the 3 pin weather pack connector for power/ground and switched it to a known power/ground in case something was wrong and power was back feeding. After I tested that unsuccsessfully I removed pin 14 from the EZ-Boom harness that coulples into the raven console conector, this removes the console power provided by the raven harness to make sure that there was no backfeed from this power conncection, but the problem still continued.

After all the testing on this machine I decided to try it on another spray coupe with 5 boom sections that I knew was also reverse polarity. After doing the installation I acheived results that were nearly the same. This coupe would only turn on/off boom section number 2 with the master switch on the sprayer. THe boom sections had no response to the EZ-Boom controller switches.

I tried 2 EZ-Booms, two relay modules, 2 wiring harnesses, and two spra coupes. Has anyone else had this issue?? Also if someone had a spa coupe electric schematic for the swithes to the booms it may also help me.

Thanks,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)