AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Windoze screw up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 6/29/2008 09:49 (#406682 - in reply to #406643)
Subject: Re: Another Windoze screw up

Carl,

es I know the proper location of the Outlook Express files they are pretty well buried aren't they. After OE compacted some folders appeared to be fine others everything was gone. I went to the recycle bin and found them there. According to the large file sizes they chould be intact but were named with the extension .bak. I restored them to their original location (back to that buried OE folder and then also went there and copied them all (so as not to mess with them anymore) to a folder I made called C: outlook express. Once there I renamed them back to .dbx files and tried to import them back into OE. That is when I got the error message I posted above.

I've never had good luck importing or exporting messages with OE which is why I leave them in OE to begin with. However some idiot programmer thinks he knows what I want to do with my emails like compacting them, making them unuseable and then deleting them.

So the location I used C: oultlook express was a different storage folder which did not help. I even tried renaming them in the buried folder but no luck retrieving those either.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)