AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When you can't access your money or communicate.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Omar
Posted 7/18/2015 09:23 (#4686070 - in reply to #4685995)
Subject: RE: When you can't access your money or communicate.

Elmira, Ontario

skicker - 7/18/2015 09:34 I believe a neutron bomb detonated at a moderately high altitude could cause similar effects. Think North Korea. It would be particularly devastating during the winter here. My son just sold our old 4020 so all we would have left to feed 450 cows plus 380 youngstock would be an old JD payloader which is pretty well worn out. As i understand it the electronics on every thing else would be toast including electrical transformers.. Our government has done little outside of the military to address this although there are a couple of Congressmen who have tried to make something happen. The money pissed away on Pluto or some other less important project could have been used toward developing protected chips for the power grid, vehicles, etc. Don't expect big business to take this on. No immediate profit there. Our Amish neighbors would just carry on as usual.

If all electronics were knocked out, getting the cattle fed would be your easy job. People like me would be at your door offering to help so that I could feed my family.

In the grand scheme, the Pluto money is child's play, but they are learning lessons about making electronics more reliable with everyone of these missions. Think about it. They managed to have a computer run on schedule for nine years, with only one reboot, in some difficult temperature conditions with a nuclear generator on board. Those lessons will make it to normal products.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)