AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

best chemical handling system for nurse trailer/sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ksmith
Posted 4/25/2015 06:51 (#4536397 - in reply to #4535289)
Subject: RE: best chemical handling system for nurse trailer/sprayer

NE Ohio
I would encourage anyone truly looking for the "best" chemical handling system to seriously consider a Pit Stop system by JD Skiles. We were on a similar search last year and had to swallow really hard when justifying the cost. After a year of usage I can confidently say it was money well spent. Not only has the performance of the system been great, after working to update our fertilize system from 2" to 3" I have a better appreciation for the cost of building a high capacity system piece-meal. I don't think we could have done any better trying to build something ourselves.

Where the Pit Stop system really shines is mixing from totes. Their system of directly pulling from totes without electric pumps and using the stainless steel tanks is very simple, accurate and fast. Once you have done it a few times you can mix and load a 1,000 gal sprayer in around 10 minutes or less and not have direct exposure to the chemical. We purchased a skid system and placed it on our own trailer. It has the basic Cleanload inductor cone, which really doesn't provide anything different than you would get with any other system to handle jugs. Their new Turbo Tank cone with the knives looks like it would be a little better. The other area we would like to improve ours is the process for swapping totes. We'll likely add valves at the tote supply line quick couplers to minimize any spillage and T in a fresh water line to allow the supply line to be flushed. Otherwise there really isn't much we would change.

http://www.jdskiles.com/pitstopchemicalsystem.html

Edited by ksmith 4/25/2015 22:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)