AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

best chemical handling system for nurse trailer/sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 4/24/2015 18:44 (#4535629 - in reply to #4535289)
Subject: RE: best chemical handling system for nurse trailer/sprayer

Morris, IL
Last year i tended a 2100 sprayer, this year i have JD 6500 so only 400 gallon but it should work. I'll attach picture of my setup. This assembly is setup to suck out of tanks we have on few farms so i can suck 1000-1500 gallon and go or pull from them if i'm loading from the yard. It's setup with a float valve (as are our stationary tanks) so i can leave hose running to keep to full. Cone is on the suction side of things which overall work fine but i do use a second pump for just fresh water, it's an old one that has slight crack in the bottom but works very well for rinsing. Right now we use 12 volt pumps and meters into the cone.

Few things i'd change and will do when i get time to work on it. Cone should somehow be lower, we use a small ladder to see in it (pain). I also want to plumb another T into the suction side for sucking chemical right out of the totes using the same 1" meters we use now but no 12 volt pumps. One will be Volley our corn Pre and second is RU. Will put a fresh water line to rinse that so no risk of burn. Other thing I want the cone and this new chemical line 1st and 2nd before the pump, the quick coupler, valve, another coupler, and tank valve. That way i can mix AMS when i'm loading tank rather then waiting till i load sprayer and things get rinsed correctly when i want to load right from stationary tank. Hope this all makes sense, it takes a year to really figure out what you want. It was a relatively cheap setup to put together. I don't have lot of extra room to spare but it sure beats dumping in the top of the tank, especially a 2100. I would use flange fittings, when you want to change or modify it the extra cost will be worth it.

Edited by NEILFarmer 4/24/2015 19:03

(IMG_0884.jpg)

(IMG_0692.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0884.jpg (247KB - 813 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0692.JPG (133KB - 835 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)