AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford LP engine- governor problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mattfolkman
Posted 8/4/2006 23:03 (#32763)
Subject: Ford LP engine- governor problems

Oakes, ND

I was hoping someone could identify what Ford engine is in my Swinger articulated loader. All I know is it is a 4 cylinder liquid cooled that is setup to run on propane. I am having problems with the governor working. I haven't looked into it closely yet, but the linkage seems tight and has too much resistance to move. I also have a hard time starting it. I need to use ether to get it going. I do have major electrical problems, and I think that the governor problems also are part of the hard start issue. If any one has any information or guesses on what engine this is, where else it may be used, and/or places to start on the governor I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also- please ignore the paint job overhaul. I saw the loader on Thursday unpainted, and Saturday morning the entire unit had a 10 minute paint job. I just got the hydro pump and motor back in after having it rebuilt. After the engine and the wiring I also need to fix some welds and pins, and figure out what to do with the tires, then repaint it. It wasn't as good of a deal as I thought.

Thanks,

Matt Folkman

(Swinger Ford Engine left side2 (600 x 450).jpg)

(Swinger Ford Engine left side (600 x 450).jpg)

(Swinger Ford Engine right side (600 x 450).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Swinger Ford Engine left side2 (600 x 450).jpg (80KB - 681 downloads)
Attachments Swinger Ford Engine left side (600 x 450).jpg (69KB - 699 downloads)
Attachments Swinger Ford Engine right side (600 x 450).jpg (61KB - 689 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)