AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I Wish That I had My Camera With Me Today.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GinNB
Posted 1/9/2015 12:48 (#4299525 - in reply to #4299276)
Subject: RE: I Wish That I had My Camera With Me Today.

I've got nothing against them using a bluetooth headset- it's a good idea for everybody. I find myself making occasional mistakes even when talking on my headset, but I also believe there are times that only idiots would cause an accident when they're talking on their handset and competent drivers focusing properly on the road and their surroundings wouldn't.  There ARE grey areas when enforcing laws on policemen go though, and a cop would get criticized by someone no matter WHAT they did. If they stopped to talk on their phone on the way to a call because their bluetooth battery died after ten hours of talking that day then they're criticized for being late. If they talk on their handset while driving to be prompt they're criticized. If some jerk broke their headset and they had to use their handset they'd be criticized. If they're out of their vehicle and listening to their headset and not going out of their way to be awesome with the public they'll be criticized because someone won't notice them on the phone and think they're being a jerk.

I know of one guy who is driven nuts because he saw a cop pumping gas into his cruiser while there was a power outage. It made him furious that the officer wasn't making an effort to talk to every single person there and chat about the outage. The cop spent two minutes being average. It didn't matter if he was exhausted, thinking about some disaster at work, wondering if the overtime would make him miss time with his kid, or whatever. Some people can always find some reason to criticize a cop even when they're being professional and doing their best. That certainly doesn't mean I think that they're perfect. Cops are people too, but probably have to make an attempt to be BETTER than the law just to impress those who'd complain about perfection. Slip just a little? They're burned by the actions of the few bad cops that make people hate the badge, not the person.

Now, I seem to remember a story recently about a cop who rear-ended a parked school bus while on his cellphone and proceeded to give the bus driver a hard time and possibly a ticket. THAT cop should be busted down to foot patrol in the city sewers for a while.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)