AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another hired help ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Texas Papaw
Posted 12/4/2014 19:30 (#4219925 - in reply to #4219426)
Subject: RE: Another hired help ?

Central Texas
Would make part of his pay a weekly "bonus" that he will get if he is at work when is is supposed to be, has a good attitude and his give-a-pooper is in top working order. Once or twice a week give him a written to-do list and use that to evaluate his performance each week. If were me, would text his to-do's to him as needed as it is in writing and easily handled. If a work assignment is time sensitive give him a time frame when making the assignment. Use the texts to make a checklist to evaluate his bonus eligibility along with his attitude. In the early stages of the bonus program first give him warnings about deficiencies before pulling his bonus. Setup some work rules and guidelines that he is to follow to get the bonus. Tell him you both want and expect him to earn the bonus every week.

Regarding him taking children to work, inform him that you just learned that your insurance company does not allow employees minor children/guests to be at work with them. Make the insurance co be the bad guy. . Think if you asked them they would take that position but asking the question would raise red flags for them so don't ask. Just mention that they don't allow it just like repair shops, etc, don't allow customers in work areas and we've all seen the signs they display. For me it is an unacceptable liability exposure and if something went terribly wrong it could result in them being the new owners of your FORMER assets. Do you want to potentially bet ALL your assets against a child's careless stupidity. Are you willing to take that kind of risk? If you continue to allow the kids/guests to come to work with him, that is exactly what you are doing. Don't mean to be rude, just telling it like it is as I was in the insurance business for over 20 years.

Just another 2 cents worth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)