AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another hired help ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

manureslinger
Posted 12/4/2014 17:40 (#4219677 - in reply to #4219554)
Subject: RE: Another hired help ?

Southern Minnesota
Because I need someone from 1st Sept to 1st Dec and 10 days in spring for my custom business would like 7 but will settle for 5-6 days a week for 12 Hrs a day. During that time period. Leave farm at 6AM leave field at 7PM. If any more hours complaining starts. Tried the seasonal and part time. Thought I would have had better luck with full time staying they know where next pay check is coming from instead of is this the last one for this year. Found best luck with retired guys running 2 or 3 filling 1 tractor and 1 full time because my retires are all mid 70's . I need to tell them to take it easy with hours. But they do not like the truck driving . Also had a guy who would do the chores before he went to work but he is moving so he gave me notice. He would have came full time but 4 kids wife does not work and needed 60. Not in the budget for that.

It seems right when they know what they are doing they do not show up and do not let you know they are quitting. There may be more than 1700 hrs but then salary would increase. Might be less too but would not deduct any just find some more for him to do. Right know at the rate he is going 30 Hrs a week is a stretch during the busy time. Also during the winter would need from time to time for 8 Hr Days driving truck. I just based it off 1700 hoping they finish between 19-22 per hr closer to the 22 is okay if they are good. Dad thinks I am nuts paying as much as I do. (Said grandpa paid 100 a month in the summer + room and board and 60 in the winter. I said times change) He's 75 and puts more hours in then the full time guy. But he is slowing down so I need to watch so he is not over worked want to see him still trying at 85.
Willing to pay but the person can also have hobby side job if he wants plenty of down time.
Hope this helps clear some things up. Any other ? feel free to ask
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)