AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Turbo teejet charts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ham
Posted 8/1/2006 20:25 (#31811 - in reply to #31770)
Subject: Re: Turbo teejet charts

Blvd d'Espair Bowhill, Sth Aust
Mike..
My sister at Bingara had told me she was expecting a heavy frost this morning, and severe damage to the new growth she'd just gotten in her houseyard. She will be pleased if it didnt eventuate.
I had thought you guys relied much more on stored soil moisture, so Im a little surprised you also are so dependant on spring rains. But of course you have to have moisture first so you can store it., Our soils here are unable to store much at all. And i use the term "soils" loosely. Lets say beach sand and limestone....
Ive used the TT's only this year. In SA we now are required by law to only apply any 2 4D product with a nozzle producing a Coarse or V Coarse droplet size. I do farm adjacent to vines and other horticultural crops, and the potential scares the crap out of me. So in my dual boom system I have TT110015 in line 1 and TT110025 in line 2
Prior to this year I ran 11002 flat fans on a single line.

I dont run AI because it seems a consistent view that they don't do an adequate job unless you run them at 6-8 Bar, at which you are back with too many driftable fines again. My primary target is mostly Annual Ryegrass and it does seem that its near impossible to do a good job on that unless you have some drift. Sad, but true...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)