AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A second beef checkoff program in the works
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

LKM
Posted 10/6/2014 08:43 (#4111989 - in reply to #4111901)
Subject: RE: A second beef checkoff program in the works

Ridgway, IL
This sounds like a bunch of bull to me. My local university of Illinois (Dixon springs research center) extension cattle rep has been forwarding us correspondence from these discussions. Mostly from Illinois cattlemans assn pres Jeff Beasley, if memory serves me.

I'll try to pull up some of the emails when I get to the PC.

The way it sounded to me, this group was given the task to make the check off work better. There are several groups involved, including the "national farmers union". I was led to believe that the nfu was really not friendly to our industry,
And was trying to throw a wrench in a good solution... Which has been keeping the group from building consensus on the way to move forward. Since the group couldn't build consensus, vilsack says he's gonna start a new check off by executive order???? F that. I don't care if you are for or against tee check off, or believe in the merits, whatever they may be.... But I sure as hell do not want iit created by executive order.... Especially when vilsack is (according to what I have read) aligning himself with this nfu.... Which seems to be working against various state and national cattlemans assns.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)