AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Odors, the good kind.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 8/16/2014 16:24 (#4021542 - in reply to #4020705)
Subject: RE: Odors, the good kind.

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

1...As a kid, my family spent at least 2 weeks in August in southwest Oklahoma with my grandparents and the aunts, uncles and cousins. Waking up before daylight and my mom, aunts and Nana were fixing breakfast.......coffee, biscuits n sausage gravy, bacon, fried taters, eggs, toast, homemade plum jelly....all those smells together would move thru the house and us kids would be like the old cartoon characters, just floating on the waves of aroma to the kitchen. Life will never again be as easy as it was when I was 10 years old.

2...First broken ground in the spring after a winter of cold, wind, snow and gray skies.

3...The hot humid smothering smell of corn as it starts to tassel.....smells like summer

4...Grain dryer fired up in fall, the first load of corn's a titch too wet, so the smell hangs in the air just a little heavier

5...Arizona Valley of the Sun in March as the citrus is starting into full bloom.....that sweet flower aroma hangs in the air even in urban areas and gas stations. 

6...Fresh mowed clover hay. We don't get that around here any more, and I don't know if anyone bales clover any where nowadays, but I miss it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)