AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why do they smoke?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 8/14/2014 13:56 (#4018259 - in reply to #4017922)
Subject: RE: Why do they smoke?

North Central Illinois
My daughter works at an hospital and they have gone completely smoke free on campus. They used to have a "Butt Hut" outside for the people to smoke in but they went totally smoke free a year or so ago. Now people walk across the street to smoke or smoke in their cars. I suppose technically they aren't supposed to smoke in their cars while on hospital property but I guess I don't really care as long as their windows are rolled up.

I too am appalled by the number of health care workers that smoke. It really boggles the mind. I'm sorry but I don't buy the idea that they are under so much stress that they need to smoke to relieve the tension. That is an excuse not a reason. I can tell you that many employers, especially hospitals are starting screen potential new hires based off of smoking. Employees who don't smoke and are physically fit otherwise are starting to get discounts on health insurance that smokers and people with high blood pressure, cholesterol etc, don't get.

I still support the right for a person to choose whether or not they smoke. I don't support making it illegal. I find nothing more unattractive in a woman than to see a big fag hanging out of her mouth. Yuck!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)