AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Repairing stinkin LG refrigerator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Southern Farmer
Posted 8/9/2014 20:30 (#4010431 - in reply to #4010231)
Subject: RE: Repairing stinkin LG refrigerator

West Texas

FWIW, been several years but I had a Sears refrigerator that was less than a year old. Lost Freon and called serviceman. He came out, pierced the line and added Freon. It started cooling and he left. Two days later, same thing, called the repairman, he came out and said that it would have to go to the shop and he had no idea how long it would take. This was in a rent house so I bought another refrigerator for it and figured I would use the old one for a spare. Three weeks and I hadn't heard anything so I called their repair center. That serviceman said that someone had punched holes in the refridgerant lines and it would not be covered by warranty. Told him I would be at the shop in an hour. When I arrived I asked him where it was leaking and he said that he couldn't show me because it was in the lines running up the side of the refrigerator and was inside the walls. So then I asked to see the holes in the walls that he said caused the leak and while he looked all over it, there was no punctures in the walls. Took a visit with the manager and then they tried to give me another refrigerator. Told them no deal, I had already bought another one because they had kept this one so long. Finally agreed to give me my money back but as I had bought it from an independent store, I would have to go back to them to get my money. They insisted on putting it back on my discovery card even though I had already paid it off. Took about 6 months for me to get my money from discover and thenonly after I threatened to take them to small claims court. Needless to say, but I no longer have a discover card and no longer do any business with sears.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)