AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White Shadow, The pain has .....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 7/31/2014 09:18 (#3994672 - in reply to #3994652)
Subject: Case in point..

If you want total collapse of the rail problem get the government involved.

Case in point.. look at the BNSF which is throwing Capital.. double tracking.. buying new locomotives.. hiring more crews.. etc and leasing more locomotives from the CP.. and is down to like.. 7500 cars behind..

Vs the CP.. which is over 22,000 cars short.. is leasing OUT excess locomotives.. while trying to comply with a Byzantine amount of Canadian Red tape and cost structures.. designed to keep the cost of shipping grain low.. which also means really crappy service and poor infrastructure..

Rome was not built in a day.. but for all the bashing.. it sounds like the BNSF is making pretty decent progress.. It took them a couple of decades to get their Chicago to LA transcon up to where they want it.. and probably a couple billion $$$.. now like the UP's double and Triple track through Nebraska.. that's a good road..  It will not happen tomorrow.. but eventually the BN is gonna have a nice capability across North Dakota..

CP is making strides.. but 7500 vs 22,000.. lol..

ps.. More cars are not the solution.. in fact that could just get in the way and slow things down.. they know what they are doing.. and it's been impressive to watch.

Hate to say this.. but SD is probably in a longer term worse shape than ND.. SD would have REALLY benefited from the DME going into the Powder River basin.. IF I were from SD.. THAT is what I would focus on.. or something...???

Here in Ks.. we are working to keep the 2nd Mainline on the BNSF going through Dodge and Garden.. I believe we realize how critical that link is.. and yes anyone who doubts.. you can trade places with the Dakota boys...  We can load.. and unload shuttles.. and that is Critical.

jmho.. could be wrong. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)