AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ground beef, seriously?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rocky grounder
Posted 7/8/2014 13:15 (#3957587 - in reply to #3957445)
Subject: This is part of the problem

blairsville,pa
Sorry but these threads really chap my ass!! I've been around cattle my whole life and have always had one of my steers or a family member's in my freezer , in the occurrence we run out my wife reloads at Walmart or giant eagle to get us through (where 95% of our customers shop).. why is it we can smack a 3 year old Holstein and it's the best beef ever but we send 2500 dollar Angus steers outta 10k bulls to market buy the tens of thousands and it all sucks??...."The yuppies don't know what their missing". ... "I'd never eat that garbage"... These comments don't help us or our industry. Personally we season or "doctor up" all our burgers and I bet most would be hard pressed to truly tell a difference. I'm not picking on the OP personally, I'm sure he got some damn good burger but is really that much better than what was in the case at the grocery? I truly don't think so , and if it is why is the packer and the retailer degrading product and passing the buck and the backlash onto us?

Just my opinion but I'm growing ever weary of us all saying shut up and eat it, "we have the best and safest food supply in the world" in one thread, and "my god that **** in the supermarket is disgusting" in the next.

End rant
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)