AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight/Autopilot Update confusion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/30/2008 09:46 (#345343 - in reply to #344773)
Subject: RE: Update

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Your latest findings seem to confirm some of my findings and I think it is fairly safe to say that there are communication issues with certain combinations of equipment and firmware.

I have no experience with your sprayer or RTK.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to do further testing with my various combinations of equipment. These were all just gravel road tests as I have no fields in which I can actually drive yet.

First I tried some tests with my 8310 which uses an EZ-Guide 500 @ V 3.0 running under WAAS only. Here an EZ-Guide 500 is connected to Trimbles Nav II Autopilot which was updated to V 4.51.

That equipment worked fine with that tractor before the update and seems to work fine after the updates.

The 8120 tractor uses a Trimble 332 V 4.56 using Omnistars XP. The Nav II was upgraded to V 4.51 but has now been downgraded to V 4.48. The display interface in this tractor is an Insight V 5.0.

This was the tractor where I had problems when the Nav II was at 4.51. After the downgrade back to 4.48 this tractor seems operate properly.

As a further test, I purposely set the Insight to change the settings on the 332 from HP/XP with VBS backup to WAAS. DGPS was lost but after a few seconds, DGPS was regained and the 332 showed that WAAS was then the correction source. I tried engaging the autopilot with WAAS now being the correction source. This seemed to work properly.

I believe I am now in an acceptable position. My two autopilots are at two different firmware levels due to the communication issue with the Insight.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)