AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight/Autopilot Update confusion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/29/2008 09:33 (#344577 - in reply to #344561)
Subject: RE: Insight/Autopilot Update confusion

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm not completely sure if they are confined to the Omnistar situation as I was quite confused at the time.

When I set the 332 to WAAS on the 332's keypad I got good WAAS as indicated on the 332. The heading and speed information was not passed to the Insight when the Autopilot was running under 4.51.

Now that I have downgraded back to V 4.42 the system seems to work properly again under XP. I will try to test it with WAAS this weekend.

My plan this year is to subscribe to XP for the 100 day program rather than a yearly fee. This should get me through planting where the better accuracy is needed. Once the subscription runs out, I plan on using WAAS for the Fall tillage operations. In a worst case scenario I could subscribe for another 100 day plan and my total cost would be the same as a yearly fee. At least I think it works that way.

I am actually surprised at your success considering my problems. I would have expected that you would have had the same situation. The difference between our two systems is that you are using RTK where I am using Omnistar. I would be curious to learn if your system would work properly using WAAS.

Edited by tedbear 3/31/2008 11:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)