AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9 weights Ft Pierre today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 6/22/2014 19:52 (#3932174 - in reply to #3931876)
Subject: RE: 9 weights Ft Pierre today

western iowa,by Denison
well now I understand your hate for options Gary-I use put options instead of the direct board-and for some odd reason my packers base there buying decision's off the board price-you are stating one thing and showing a different thing
Speculating to me is buying cattle with a break even above the board-I figure my break even,I know my cost building my own buildings
I have been down this road before-I know when the fat cattle need a $10 higher break even a person would want to be careful!
I never have become so important to think my time is worth anything-I know I'm focused when I have a lot going on,if what you say is True Gary,you must have a higher cost in your cattle then I thought
How will you protect any profit in your cattle?How do you make a profit if your break even is $10 higher then the board and the cattle never get there?Who pays living expenses when you lose money
What I was trying to convey was that for buying a call-I might be out my premimum of the cost of the cattle-your willing to bet $50,000 you are rite-I.m betting my call price you are to!If you want Gary I can post daily the call I purchased and you can follow along-if you want to share in the profit I will need your address and also you can talk to my broker so she Know's where to send the check if it makes money-My broker fee was $35 to buy the call-and I think they have a clearing fee of $7
I guess Gary I'm trying to figure out a way to protect my investment-There;s a lot of stock guys that read these post's
My question to you since I do not know is how do you protect your cattle then that you are feeding-?If you don't use options-the board or a packer contract-just how the heck do you protect your investment?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)