AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9 weights Ft Pierre today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 6/22/2014 08:16 (#3931108 - in reply to #3930606)
Subject: RE: 9 weights Ft Pierre today

western iowa,by Denison
well at least your puts cover your first cost-which is very important when your gross dollar feeding!
Maybe Gary you should have just bought a $158 call for $1.00 for Dec
when you bought your feeders earlier,my broker talked me into a $1.50 call so I could follow along with your purchase-I wasn't sure about your market date so we went to Dec? The call cost $2.75 or $1500 -I guess if anyone is cheering for your cattle to hit the daily double it's myself as my call will be worth a lot of dollars when you sell your fats at $1.60
Being a pesstimistic optimist sure has it's up and downs
My broker said it was ok to have my bottom protected with puts,she also said it might pay to have some calls just in case the market continue's to rally-I got this call from all the talk of your pen of feeders-what month will you sell Gary?
You could buy a $140 put for $290-at least if the market went below that your put would come up in value
I really wonder if anyone remembers buying big feeders and then selling them fat and having a negative return because the feeders brought back less then what they cost?
How does one figure feed cost when you don't get back the first cost of the feeder?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)