AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Part Time Farmers... What's your "real" job?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/5/2014 07:13 (#3903008 - in reply to #3901893)
Subject: RE: Part Time Farmers... What's your "real" job?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
brud - 6/4/2014 14:13

I am retired from teaching so I guess that was my real job only there were times when I wondered which job I did on the side. I guess I had the best of both worlds for all those years but I do enjoy being a full time farmer.

I was a teacher also, as well as an electronics tech and bartender at times. Some summers, I drove truck or worked construction.

Now that I'm old, I just farm. That reminds me, back when I was teaching and farming on the side, I was asked about this time of year if I was going to get a job that summer. This was from a person who only farmed. My reply was "No not this time, I'm only going to farm."

Another reference that I remember was that when I got home from teaching and went to the farm, I changed clothes and put on my "work shoes" as if the teaching job wasn't considered work.

In 1984, I went on a trip to England. While riding a train, a local asked me what I did in the "States". I replied that I was a public school teacher. He replied that teachers were some of the worst human beings in his country and all they did was complain. I then replied that I farmed also. To this he replied OMG, that's even worse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)