AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

******Weigh Ins For 6/1/14 To 6/7/14*******
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 6/2/2014 06:48 (#3897794 - in reply to #3897670)
Subject: RE: ******Weigh Ins For 6/1/14 To 6/7/14*******

I see. I thought when you said, "I have been under much less than half that for weeks now", you meant you had been on the 600 calorie diet for weeks.

How do you measure your weight loss? Do you just go by scale weight or do you use a formula to find a smoothed weight? My understanding is that the day to day fluctuations are mostly changes in water weight and to get a better idea of how much you have lost every day, it's better to apply a smoothing formula.

So for tracking my weight, I have three columns on a spreadsheet. Column A is the date. Column B is the actual scale weight that my scale shows every day. Column C is the four or five layer IF/THEN statement I asked about in computer talk a month or so ago and I believe you and Omar helped the most with.

The primary function in that statement is to take the scale weight, subtract it from the previous days trend weight, divide the result by 10 and then subtract that result from yesterday's trend weight.

For example, yesterday I weighed 211, but my trend weight was 213.5. If you subtract the 211 from the 213.5 you get 2.5 pounds. Divide that by 10 and you get 0.25 pounds. Subtract that from 213.5 and you get 213.25 pounds. So my new trend weight (or smoothed weight) is 213.5 pounds.

Let's say I weigh myself this morning and I weigh 213.25 pounds. That means my scale weight went up a fair amount, but my trend weight stays the same. My trend weight will drop 0.8 pounds, but very likely, even if I only eat 600 calories on Tuesday, my scale weight will probably go up because I'll be re-hydrating myself at the least. I may gain 4 pounds of water weight on Tuesday but my trend weight will still drop because my scale weight will still be less than my trend weight.

I guess what I'm saying is I wonder if you're a fair amount below your trend weight and so even with great discipline, your body is just hanging around the same scale weight as your trend weight catch's up.

I notice that my trend weight loss stays much more steady than my scale weight loss. I can be frustrated for a week that my scale weight is staying the same even though I've done well on my diet. Finally my trend weight gets within a pound of my scale weight and all of a sudden in one day my scale weight may drop 3 pounds again.

Anyway, it's just a thought. Maybe you're already tracking it in that manner.

Let's say I work my tail end off today and don't eat and drink as much as I should. Tomorrow I wake up and I've lost 8 pounds of scale weight from the 213.25 so I weigh 205.25.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)