AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

******Weigh Ins For 6/1/14 To 6/7/14*******
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chimel
Posted 6/2/2014 00:39 (#3897670 - in reply to #3897118)
Subject: RE: ******Weigh Ins For 6/1/14 To 6/7/14*******

Well I already gave up on this low calorie diet today, it was just an experiment for this week, because I was puzzled the weeks before to see barely any weight loss even with a slightly higher calorie blended soup diet, but still under that 1,200 calories threshold you mention. I used vitamin and mineral supplement the whole week to be safe.

Even now, I still don't know why it was so ineffective. I didn't exercise, so I assume there was probably muscle loss if not fat loss, but that's again impossible to tell even for a doctor without a full body scan. Since my 3 meals a day were soup, I reduced my fresh water consumption this week, but it didn't seem to do anything regarding weight loss, although I do go pee a lot. In fact, I have to drink the most liquid part of the soup in the morning and at lunch, and keep it a little more solid in the 6-7PM meal if I want a chance of sleep uninterrupted by waking up and peeing, but that may have had to do with the soup's ingredients rather than the amount of liquid. I used a sizable amount of salt and spices in that soup, and usually add a good pinch of both before eating too, that may have caused that diuretic effect, or absence of weight loss for some reason.

Anyway, it was fun to try that blended soup theory, seems to work great, but it was quite boring to be limited to just a few ingredients so portions were easy to measure in weight and calories. The most amazing is that I assure you I didn't starve myself to death, or felt starved or hungry or weak either. A typical soup would have a base of a quarter cup beans and a quarter cup rice and not much more so it's easy to count calories, and that's for the whole day. This week, I cooked and blended it in the evening to have it ready for the next day. Normally I cook soup for several meals and freeze it, so I always have a few different ones to choose from.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)