AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

******Weigh Ins For 6/1/14 To 6/7/14*******
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chimel
Posted 6/1/2014 12:08 (#3896416 - in reply to #3896014)
Subject: RE: ******Weigh Ins For 6/1/14 To 6/7/14*******

Well I didn't make my super ambitious and round number goal of 200 pounds in May, but that'd teach me ignoring the A.R.T. part of the good old S.M.A.R.T. principles (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.)
Still, I lost 2 more pounds this week, now at 203 pounds, so I like this, it's been a relentless effort since October.

However, I understand less and less how the body works: I have been under the exact same low calorie diet for the past week, and kept to the same weight most of every day, losing only a pound here and one there, two in total, and from what I can tell, mostly water, not fat. So it looks like nutritionists are way overestimating the metabolism needs. According to their formula, my body needs 1,700 calories a day just for its basic metabolic needs, 220 less than when I started the diet in October. I have been under much less than half that for weeks now, and lost only 11 pounds in 6 weeks. Don't misunderstand me, I still think it's awesome, but it barely matches the expected results from the official formulas. These formulas are standard for everybody, though, and even if they have been adapted for age, sex, weight, height and activity level, any measurement of the body mass index that's computed from these factors or from belly skin fat is flawed compared to measurement from a full body scan. Still, even if they are only approximation, and my "basal metabolic rate" may be 1,200 calories instead of 1,700, I have been at 600 for the past week without a pan of hunger or losing more than 2 pounds. I figure it has to do with the blended soup thing, which stays in the stomach longer than unblended, and also with the regular 3 meals a day spaced every 6 hours (12 at night, now I understand what breaking fast means! ;) with absolutely no snacking between meals.

On another note, scientists recommend that you introduce kids to new vegetables before they're one-two year old, only 5-10 such exposures to a new veg are enough to make the kids like their vegs for life, even kindergarten-age kids are more likely to be fussy about new foods than 6 month olds.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone....

And there are now officially 2.1 billion obese (671M) and overweight (1.43B) persons worldwide.
Even down 77 pounds since October, I take no pride in being still part of these stats.

Surprisingly, 4 Asian countries I did not expect make it to the Obesity Top Ten: China, India, Pakistan and Indonesia. I suppose it has more to do with the number of their population more than their average BMI. Germany is the only Western European country that makes it to the list at #8. And there I thought they only had strong thighs in their sexy Lederhosen shorts...

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-27586365

(Austrian Lederhosen.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Austrian Lederhosen.jpg (31KB - 77 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)