AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dad started a conversation with some BNSF folks today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/6/2014 20:52 (#3801325 - in reply to #3801170)
Subject: RE: Dad started a conversation with some BNSF folks today

central - east central Minnesota -

hinfarm - 4/6/2014 20:11 My dad has some land close to the Mississippi River and he had me haul his IH 606 over there for him today. He took me into a bar in down town Ferryville WI for lunch and some BNSF guys came in shortly later for lunch. He asked them a few questions about other stuff and some how they got on the topic of the Bakken and how they are swamped with hauling crude. Dad brought up the key stone pipeline and basically blamed Obama for it not getting done. (Not the thing to say to some union railroad guys). Their rebuttle was that the pipeline would go to the three Koch refineries and they had enough money any way. This way with rail it can go any where. I don't know why the keystone can't move most of it and the rail to take care of what's left, or the rail could haul it off the pipeline some place else if the pipeline didn't go all the way there. After we got out of there I told Dad how this thing is really screwing the farmers up there since they are swimming in corn and can't get it moved. Either way this is what "the other point of view is". IMO it doesn't hold much water, but they did say they are hiring 5,000 people this year to move all this stuff.

If I owned a railroad . .  . I'd bury a big old pipeline in the RR right of way . . . .. ....... .

I think that could allow a guy to bake a cake and eat it too ~

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)