AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Net Income/Acre
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

swmnfarmer
Posted 4/3/2014 22:25 (#3795623 - in reply to #3795522)
Subject: RE: Net Income/Acre

You ask what is the least amount of dollars some will farm for. If you are asking the question I believe you never farmed in the eighties. You also have never went through the truly tough times of low prices, high interest rates, survival insurance rates, ect. Let me tell you what happened then and what will happen again if times get that tough again. I saw people farm till they lost everything and then some. First they go through their cash then their net worth, they will sell anything they can trying to make it through one more year. If it doesn't get better they will try to keep going until their lands gone their savings and even their name and respect. It sounds like fiction but I saw it happen. It doesn't happen over night but there are many that started in the last 20 years that think it can't get that way again. I hope we never see those times again but you ask like things are tough now or are getting tough. We'll let me tell you we are living in the good times and if you take care of your own business and don't worry about how much someone else can pay for land or rent or how they can buy what they do you will survive and hopefully prosper. You don't have to be the biggest or have the best to be a true success.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)