AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody have pics of today's southern plains dust storm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Funacres
Posted 3/11/2014 22:51 (#3748620 - in reply to #3748051)
Subject: RE: Anybody have pics of today's southern plains dust storm?

Texas

Started sorting and working cattle this morning and the wind and blowing dirt made it almost impossible.  Had to pull two calves and one of them is being ignored by its momma.  I tubed it with colostrum and penned them up together.  Probably get to do the same thing again in the morning. 

Tagged about 18 calves before giving up due to the blowing dirt.  It blew all morning and then let up in the afternoon for a while.  Started in again just before dark and was blowing hard when I got back to the house about 9:00 pm. 

I have been living out here for 14 years and still can't get used to the blowing dirt.  It's very hard to work out in these conditions for very long.  I didn't have a choice but to stay out all day today and eat dirt.  I've got dirt in places where dirt isn't supposed to be !!! 

The persistant drought is very discouraging.  Not many options to deal with it either.  We sure need rain in the worst way.  I typically pray for rain from time to time, but now it is becomming a constant request when I pray.  This drought is very serious.

I will be digging dirt out of my eyes all night and for the next two days.  I think it takes about two showers back to back to get it all out of the pores on my skin.  Ick.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)