AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I was surprised that my girlfriend was begging
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

yongfarmer89
Posted 2/22/2014 22:52 (#3710021)
Subject: I was surprised that my girlfriend was begging

whitesville new york
To go to the coop meeting today. No complaints from me or her about her going. Heck I was surprised that dad went also.

We left a little early to look at a truck we checked out a few weeks earlier. Its a 03 dodge 2500 hemi auto flatbed 4x4 and plow ( that I could careless about). Its got a few dings with some rust starting. Dealing with the owner and I kept asking him what his best price was and he kept saying he'd like to get 5000$. I finally offered 3500$ and that got him going. He said he'd loose money but came down to 4600$. But I only have 3500$, I guess I'll have to call the banker!!! I hate truck shoping , seems like they are all way over priced. I also think salesmen hate me because I make them work a little to make the deal. I'm thinking borrow full amount and pay it down with the 3500$ and pay it off with the next fat steer I sell.

Meeting was typical with a lot of bs sounding things said, but I found it interesting a few processors wanted every farm to be inspected by a third party to make sure we were taking care of our cows both nutritionally and treating with meds as needed. The coop wrote up a paper saying the coop inspector/ field guy would decide if state regulatory people were needed to make final determination if animals were receiving needed care. If a farm was found to not being doing things correctly they would not be allowed to ship milk until state regulatory personally gave the OK to allow said farm to ship milk again. This seemed to satisfy the markets that had a issue. Just makes me shake my head that they think we stay I business by not taking care of our animals.

Edited by yongfarmer89 2/22/2014 22:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)