AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom drylotting cow ?s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 2/22/2014 06:09 (#3708208 - in reply to #3707434)
Subject: Re: Custom drylotting cow ?s

western iowa,by Denison
interesting-you will make more money with 40 of your own cattle bought rite!
kinda like running the round baler at $10 a bale when you know it cost $11
A good time to run a hotel is when you want to learn something at the other guys expense-very few feeder's will let you learn on there nickel-
so be it-if this is a learning experience -I say go for it-if you already know what you are doing I would think you have more chances feeding your own,
such as things happen-putting cattle in a feedlot -the guy putting cattle in your lot expects you to do a outstanding job,pay;s you well and hopes to make 1/2 as much as you will-realizing he can not do all the work himself
I will say one thing-if I could mark up my feed as Mark Wright has suggested I would be a wealthy feeder
"I would love to send him a feedbill at his suggested rates" giving new meaning to squirm!
Could never understand how some custom lots like to make sure it's the last time that feeder feed's there -and then look for the next victim
To be a custom lot feeding for someone else your mind has to wrap around the fact that you are doing a better job then the one down the road-
with no excuse's-much like how you feed for yourself
I custom feed for 7 years-I got a lot of education-I have feed in other lots-very few grasp what needs to be done-a couple of lots that custom feed for myself-have figured it out-wasting your talents on a one time feeding for this feeder needs to be weighed against what you can do for yourself
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)