AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Redman..from below.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 2/6/2014 08:28 (#3667155 - in reply to #3666717)
Subject: RE: interesting posts

Napanee, Ontario
Well, I don't think i could have said it better than John..!

One last thing, and I guess this is where the rubber meets the road between us:

"what you are doing is akin to the farmer going to the bank and borrowing money to buy fuel for his combine. If he doesn't buy the fuel, his harvest is being lost every day the combine does not run.

.... Printing of money has provided the fuel to harvest a crop that would have otherwise been lost"

If the guy lacked the prudence to save and store fuel, or the money to exchange for it, for something as important as harvesting his crop (what else did he spend the saved dollars on?), he is a poor operator and needs to fail. If someone wants to let him keep operating and loan him the money, see if he can turn it around or come through.... well let them step up and do it. There is a price on that, and it needs to be discovered fairly. How would you think if your competitors just rubbed the magic lamp and filled up a bag of cash everytime they got into a corner, and got there because of the toil and efforts you made to be a better producer, more efficent, better operator? What would be the point if they could just rub the magic lamp?

If it can't be afforded, and market participants arn't willing to lend the money (to the government) to pay for the weapons, or 'harvest the crop' or whatever other purpose they are needing loans for, then the governemnt shouod not be able to just rub the magic lamp and lend the money to themsleves - which is just stealing the money from you. Just as it would be in the case of that farmer's 100,000 more bushels of grain that now make it to market by him paying for his fuel in monopoly money from a magic lamp to get them there.

Edited by OldMcdonald 2/6/2014 08:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)