AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Here's what you needed Ray
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 1/29/2014 10:58 (#3645391 - in reply to #3644971)
Subject: They probably have a point.

The Charge that I'm misleading.. posting one thing and then DOING another... Yal.. that would NOT be good.. or right.

I don't TRY to do that.. In fact when Sat asked me BEFORE the meltdown in corn before the last report.. "Selling any corn?"  I replied NOPE and I did not sell during that period.. However, I did price some basis contracts that Friday on the close.. and I can't remember if I posted that or not.. Golly do I have to post everything?  Actually I thought I did mention it somewhere...???  maybe not...???  FRANKLY I didn't even want to do that.. but after seeing the 1st of year flush out.. "maybe better take a breath of air?"  So imho.. you got to be selective and take your shots when you can get a good look.

I'm already posting too much so.. TMI...  I can't allow posting here to interfere with good judgment and my business.  If it does I got to stop.. or at least slow down..!!!  I know some have posted because after reading this board we were all bulled up.. and later.. looking back.. "uh-hum" WRONG.. which I have admitted.

"golly I was wrong!"  I said it repeatedly after the last report..

"hey you nailed the numbers.."

"Yal but we're $ 1.70 below where I was expecting/hoping to be.."

and then the bears.. "well hope isn't a marketing plan.."  blah blah blah... and It's Not..!!

Believe it or not I don't post for a groupie following..  I honestly post in the belief that an exchange of information is good.. I TRY to bring something to the table.. "But SAT.. Tara.. Maize.. LOOK at exports.. LOOK at Q1 F&R.. blah blah blah to which...

they respond.. blah blah Basis Cliff.. Cancellations.. and my favorite "who cares.. Prices are going down!!"

which.. yes.. at times.. torks me off.. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

but...

They've been right.. and I've been wrong..

Golly Maize.. Your WRONG.. WRONG ... WRONG... but you do make a good point.. maybe I better lock some basis in.. and did... (going up anyway.. so no big deal.. which is what I thought at the time.. "even better..good basis on top.")

So for NOT POSTING ALL of that... I'm guilty as charged.. but I did hint.. like talking about the cold and trucking grain in it..  blah blah blah..  I didn't think it was THAT big of a deal.. I'm not a subscription service.. I'm not doing this for a fee.. I'm just trying to enhance my marketing from the free exchange of info and idea's... I with grudging admission came to the conclusion that Maize.. and Ray J's exhortations to lock in Basis was.. "don't like this but.. probably correct.."

I got bills to pay.. and I WANT TO HOLD on but there's also reality.. and I've cautioned guys.. Hey if you don't have the pockets.. Don't PLAY this game.. "to each his own.."  I HAVE POSTED THAT.. and can dig it out if challenged.. I don't put that disclaimer on all my posts.. (and maybe I need to going forward..) but I've always thought it was implied..

I slipped up above I guess.. in pointing out (my intent) that WE ARE NOT SITTING ON Inventory.. We're taking our shots.. but (I still view myself) as being a tight holder as much as possible.. I've literally TURNED DOWN more sales opportunities than I have accepted.. 

phone call with offer.. "want to sell today?"

no..

no..

no..

okay.

I HAVE NOT.. posted BUY BUY BUY.. and then got on the phone and sold.. ???  I don't recall doing it..
Golly this thing has to come around.. it's bullish bullish bullish.. at least for hanging in there on storage.. and then maybe relented.. like after the report on some.

HOWEVER, I STILL BELIEVE that if I could just hang in there.. long enough.. we're gonna get rewarded...

It's gonna RALLY BABY.. from some level.. SOME DAY.. IT's GOING HIGHER.. !!!   I 100% believe that...

okay.. maybe not going back to $6.50.. or $6.25... or $6.15.. maybe even not $6.00.. 5.95.. 5.90..???

but we're gonna see higher prices at some point then todays.. no doubt.

So from someone WHO HAS BEEN WRONG.. looking at the guy in the mirror.. fwiw.. .there ya go.

Not sure how I change.. etc.. but will "try to do better.." going forward.

but.. I don't need Tara's admiration to post here.. I'm not doing this for that anyway...

fwiw.                                          

Edited by JonSCKs 1/29/2014 11:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)