AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you think this Co-op elevator is ethical?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rustywire
Posted 1/10/2014 11:25 (#3592324 - in reply to #3591413)
Subject: RE: x2000 most landlords never check and live in AZ or TX or....nt

Moingona Iowa
Buford good post. Happens more than you think. Two years ago my bins were full and next farm I had was a landlord. I had 100 bu in wagon that I thought helper took to town to empty wagon but he put it into landlords bin. I never recouped that 100 as it was my mistake. Sure I could of but would of been hard to explain if he pulled in, I just never started that bs.

Many years ago I noticed a combine dumping in middle of field on 1/4 mi rows and I thought man corn is good as they only go across and part way back, I had same combine. Figured corn was running around 160-170. Mine did also when I started harvesting. That next spring I happened to run into the landlord and she asked how my crops were, just for conversation, she said her farm went about 110 and she knew others were doing better. No I did not ask to rent it or bad mouth anyone. She didn't live around here and were close friends with the farmers family..

Another time I stopped at a bar and heard a couple young farmers bad mouthing their landlords going as far saying they had more in machinery than these poor people that just rented them their 80 and 160 and they didn't think much of them for not owning more like they plan to.

Edited by rustywire 1/10/2014 11:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)