AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble - Greenstar Compatability
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 2/13/2008 01:29 (#308402 - in reply to #308381)
Subject: Clarification - TSIP, CMR, RTCM, etc.

Colby, Kansas
Chad and others,

As I understand it, TSIP is the protocol used for communication between the Trimble Receiver and other Trimble in-cab devices (EZ-Steer, NavControllerII, etc.)

RTK corrections are delivered in a variety of formats, RTCM (Real-Time Correction Message) is the public standard, versions 2.1 and higher are RTK compliant. CMR and CMR+ were developed by Trimble. CMR was developed in 1996 to offer a lower bandwidth option to RTCM, a key at this time as throughput of data radios was rather limited. I believe that the CMR format has been opened up by Trimble to others for use as Lecia and most other OEM's offer CMR or CMR+ correction input, and all offer RTCM. However as is the case here the end users can have those functions removed (ex. Ma Deere).

Chad and Don, a while ago I ran across this document from NavCom showing some software and things in reference to StarFire receivers, CMR and RTCM are shown as options in one of the screens, if only someone could get ahold of the software. I have emailed you both a pdf of it. It's too large to post, so of you want a copy email me. Maybe it will help you figure something out that we could all benefit from, I'm sure our neighbors at home using JD would appreciate being able to use our RTCM correction.

Lucas

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)