AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere and Data Ownership
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Red Solo Cup
Posted 11/12/2013 07:36 (#3439375 - in reply to #3439171)
Subject: RE: Deere and Data Ownership

Funky Broadway
Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 11/12/2013 05:19

Red Solo Cup

I have a question for you instead. What inspired you to take all the time to do all that investigation, then register here on NAT & create your first-ever post? What answers are you looking for?

Drop me an email if you'd like to discuss wireless data transfer. I'd email you, but I don't see any address. 

Wasn't that "Wicked Pickett" just the greatest?     

Here's how Red Solo Cup ended up posting here:
1. I've been a lurker a long time
2. I was bored, couldn't go to sleep, just got done reading an article in Cotton Farming magazine, and had a recent JD purchase order on my desk. "All that time to do all that investigation" was actually about 10 minutes worth of reading a website.
3. I was wondering if anybody has signed up for the wireless data transfer, and if so, are you automatically "opted into" allowing Deere to share/use your production data?

Does that answer your questions, Ron?

When it comes to vehicle/machine data, I don't have a problem with using the data to improve the product (sensor xyz failed repeatedly at 123 rpms), but I would rather them not have access to my productivity data. Put on your tin foil hat, touch a 9v battery to your tongue, and imagine the possibilities. What if the government gets this data and starts putting a limit on the amount of hours your can operate in order to reduce carbon emissions? The possibilities are endless, and I wouldn't put anything past our current government.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)