AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used machinery prices in the next 3 years?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bike across Iowa
Posted 11/10/2013 22:25 (#3436961 - in reply to #3436478)
Subject: RE: Used machinery prices in the next 3 years?

Charles City. Iowa
As a dealer there been a lot new equipment sold in the last few years. In the the 80's the used equipment is what got the dealers in trouble. Today we use Machinery Pete for less then $70 a year he tracks used at action. I see he is right on. I see what the price will be at dealership in 6 mouths or if the dealer had a action today. We look at tractor house and dealers want more for used then new. There are a lot of dealership full lots and there are upside down on there used prices. As a New Holland dealer right now with Growth Energy Program there is up to 38% off of new equipment the used got to drop too. New tractor T8.275 a 210 hp tractor is under $145,000 look up that model on tractor House and see what other dealers want. Look at Deere and Case IH dealers want. Boy, there is a day of reckoning coming. There is a green dealer east of us in his ads $10,000,000 in combines $19,000,000 in tractors. Boy the sand box has got a lot bigger. I'm glad I'm a small dealer in this one that is coming. Then I started selling I look in the farmer shed and there where two tractors in shed. Today I see 5 to 8 tractors in shed. We sell more for tax's then need.Can farmer set a year or two out and not buy, yes he can. Farmer makes a one dollar he will spend two. Look at Titan Machinery there last report they had $1,000,000,000 in new and used now that is a big sand box. I always said we are 6 mouths from a crash I did not know the 6 mouths.

Edited by bike across Iowa 11/10/2013 22:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)