AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

95% done.. Funds still short corn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 10/13/2013 22:03 (#3382063 - in reply to #3381532)
Subject: I don't need to tell you..

I don't need to tell you anything about "dry" nor anyone West of me.. You can probably go in about any direction from my place and things improve.. right now.. so..  I'm not saying the crop is gonna fail.. as you note.. we got time.

I think the funds are overplaying their hand.. overstaying their position.  Golly they can cash the poker chips in with large winnings.. and yet their still hanging around for scraps.. Even a "dead cat" will bounce. 

So.. One year we filled the bins and pops participated in some KSU grain storage study.. so we ended up holding the wheat in the bins.. Wheat was like.. $2.85.. and ended up taking a loan out.. we could have cashed out with like $.15 or so.. but we had signed up with this study.. So we ended up rolling the loan into the Reserve.. The Gov't used to pay storage in a "reserve" after the 9-month loan expired.. anywho.. long story short.. before the reserve ended we had a short crop.. and we had like $4.50 wheat.. and my $.15 that I gave up turned into a $1.65 gain.. plus some storage payments.. "sweet."

Heck I made more on the binned wheat then I did the crop that I grew that year.

So.. I'm not saying the hand I'm holding is a winner.. but before I pitch it.. I'm gonna play it.

Mother Nature DOESN'T CARE what the funds are doing... or not doing.. or whatever.  The funds are not the ONLY player at the table...  jmho.. "I could be wrong."

.. not a solicitation to trade.. people can and do lose $$$ trading commodities. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)