AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

95% done.. Funds still short corn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 10/13/2013 15:20 (#3381221 - in reply to #3381217)
Subject: Yal I understand..

I was in your neck of the woods earlier this week.. looking okay. 

We got about 12"+ during the July/August time frame.. it's what made the crops here.. since then.. "nada."  but we have had sustained winds.. heat.. and it's just plain dry.  After the rains quit in August.. I thought.. "golly gonna have to farm around mudholes".. I had one corn field that had.. probably 20%+ under water.. All of that is now GONE.. and we're just plain dry.. We will need moisture to get wheat up now.

It just shows me HOW DRY the subsoil is.. After all that rain.. it flat out disappeared.. poured through the soils and went to the water table.. Furthermore, the forecast doesn't look too promising.. my NWS contacts say.. "haven't hit bottom yet..."

That's why I'm storing as much as possible.. Hopefully we get a good soaker tonight.. I haven't sowed an acre of wheat yet.. we kept the harvest going.. now we are within 5% of being done.. and if we get the moisture will be able to start on the wheaties.  I just see a lot of similarities to today and the 1930's.. and 1950's.. and want to see the evidence that we're not repeating that.  My NWS guy says.. "we are repeating.."

????

I'd rather raise a crop.. but will stand back and watch before I sell going forward.  Merchandisers say selling is DEAD here.. Ownership is very tight.      

Edited by JonSCKs 10/13/2013 15:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)