AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Semi shopping - Making the jump, I think
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 9/4/2013 11:49 (#3307186 - in reply to #3307158)
Subject: RE: Semi shopping - Making the jump, I think

Dearfield Co.
Austin - 9/4/2013 11:23

Well that was helpful...

I didn't say they wont work on a Volvo, I said traditional mechanics which a farmer would normally take a truck to, some of them wont want to work on it.

I'm not sure where you are from but here, and I would imagine elsewhere, they are no where near enough trucks for everyone to hire a custom hauler to haul their grain out of the field. You must own your own or have another way to move it, i.e. a cart etc, to a bin. There is simply not enough custom trucking available to harvest the crop. And my area doesn't have a big crop.

As far as the sleeper... I cannot speak to the habits of truck drivers worldwide. My trucks do not stink. It is from experience that I have looked at quite a few trucks and I have noticed that quite often a 1 million mile truck's sleeper stinks. This is simply an observation. I do not pretend to know the people who drove them or why they didn't keep their sleepers nicer.

Anything else? you obviously don't have anything to contribute to the OP.

Tell me what you contributed other than dissin the trucks he thought were available and quite possibly affordable?????Been at this gig for 30 plus years ,second generation with the third generation running under my authority .and I can spot someone from a mile away that really didnt intend on posting any thing that would truly help
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)