AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

every year since 2006
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 8/19/2013 08:45 (#3275702 - in reply to #3275669)
Subject: Re: every year since 2006

Okay, if ethanol is all those things...remove the mandate. The mandate is the sticking point. Its pretty nice to be the producer of something that is mandated(required use) by the government isn't it. I fail to see how one type of liquid fuel that comprises less than 10% of the gasoline market, and probably less than 2-3% of the entire liquid fuel universe would make a hill of beans difference to the petro market. Entire liquid fuel universe=gasoline, diesel, LP, LNG, Aviation fuel, and anything else I'm not thinking of. But if sure does have an impact on grain and land prices, and you're opinion of how wonderful the 300% inflation of land values has a lot to do with the amount that you own.

I don't want to see ethanol eliminated, its a good way to use up surplus grain, but THESE last few years have become ridiculous. You want to see ethanol gain favor from the public? or do you want to continue to force it upon the public? If corn went to $3-4 ethanol blended fuels and E85 would be VERY cheap compared to gasoline and would build its own market naturally....just like its supposed to be in a free market country...What we have here is called crony capitalism...(mandates by government=crony capitalism) They government is picking winners and losers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)