AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you believe this? :)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gre48733
Posted 8/7/2013 10:09 (#3253197 - in reply to #3253114)
Subject: Re: Can you believe this? :)

SE Arkansas
My mom's parents are the same way. We cut them out for a few years while they get some stuff settled, and now slowly letting them back in on family activities and things. Her dad was a wealthy business man when she was growing up. After she graduated college he was arrested for some white collar crime (basically laundering money), was released until his court date, then fled to Europe (they didn't know where at the time). Well 15 years later he comes back to the US moves in with her mom, and her mom doesn't tell anyone.. well the fed's get notice that her dad is back in town, and go to the house and arrest him. He does 3 1/2 years in jail, and her mom is cut off from all family interaction for lying and other things that snow balled over the years. Her dad was released and moved back in with her mom, and continued to not have contact with family.. then one christmas we invited them over for the family get together (about 30 people.. mom has 6 siblings), and have slowly let them back into our lives since then. I think the fact that we stopped communicating with them really sent a message, and they did everything they could to get family back in their life. I think if you guys cut them off from interaction with you and your daughter, like her sister has already, they will realize THEY are the ones that need to make changes, not you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)